Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Immoderate

Blessings Darlings!

The [very] few of you who have commented on my blog over the years know a secret - I don't moderate the comments here.  The go up immediately.   I read all the comments after they go up and would pull any TOTALLY inappropriate ones .... but I've never had to pull any comments yet.

OBVIOUSLY my readers ROCK. And maybe my wards keep the spammers away, I dunno.

I bring this up because I read other blogs - some regularly, some as I see an interesting link.  I also comment on those blogs if I have something to ask or say.  And 20 hours ago I asked the author of a blog to cite her sources on a definition and claim she made.  I'm still waiting for my question to make it out of 'moderation limbo'. 

Oh, it's very clear that the author knows my question is there - in checking for new comments here I can see what site readers come from.  And I saw the hits from the ADMINISTRATIVE level of her blog.

Being in moderation limbo isn't a problem for me.  I'm flexible enough to win at that dance .... and get a blog post out of it.  Because I want MY reputation to be that of being open, above board, honorable, not that of hiding disagreements behind the scenes and in electronic limbo.

But that's just me.

I'm immoderate.

Frondly, Fern


7 comments:

  1. I moderate, but I'm pretty quick on the draw to approve comments. Maybe they don't have an answer for your question.

    Blog about it and link them... they'll show up eventually. lmao

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, you don't deliberately keep folks in limbo.

    However, I don't want to drive even my 105 (totally rocking) subscribers, or 35 average daily readers to her site.

    THAT is where my bitchiness comes into play.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't moderate but do have spam blocker on my wordpress blogs. If something sneaks through, its very rare. I have to admit though, I love reading some of the spam comments that are caught. They are totally off the wall! :) Muwah!

    Brenda Lee, Pagan In Me ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I stand corrected - it was the site owner who looked at my request for sources and is refusing to post it. Because a request for sources, apparently, is seen as fighting words. See her response (I suggest not hitting her site unnecessarily to not bump her stats) at Lala's site http://fluffyasshats.katalytis.com/2012/dont-want-to-be-called-a-fluffy-bunny/#comment-445

    ReplyDelete
  5. she sounds like a twat.
    i don't moderate. but then, no one reads my blogs.
    and i have a very hard time commenting here. your blog blips and blops me all about!
    :) khairete
    suz

    ReplyDelete
  6. I promise that if I can ever afford my own website I'll fix that, Suz. What operating system are you using?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I saw Lala's post first. Sheash. I don't moderate my posts either and have even made sure to take the captcha off. I've had 2 spammers I think in 6 months but they were both on old posts so I don't think anyone saw them before I got them removed.

    ReplyDelete